What is the Kegelmaster?
The Kegelmaster is the Original and Still the Number One Most Effective Kegel Exercise Device for Women
The Kegelmaster has been called a "Miracle for Women" and is the best, most proven and most effective Kegel exerciser available. The Kegelmaster makes Kegel Exercises simple, quick and even enjoyable…
Kegelmaster is more than just a Kegel exerciser
The Kegelmaster is the most recommended, most proven and most effective dynamic progressive resistance Kegel exerciser of it's kind. The Kegelmaster was specifically designed to help a woman perform proper and effective Kegel exercises by applying adjustable targeted resistance against the muscles of the female pelvic floor.
The benefits from using the Kegelmaster and performing regular proper Kegel Exercises include relief from many common female pelvic floor disorders such as incontinence, pelvic and vaginal pain, sexual dysfunction. A strong and healthy pelvic floor can prevent the onset of bladder prolapse (cystocele), uterine prolapse or bowel prolapse (rectocele).
The Kegelmaster has 15 levels of resistance with a maximum of 4.5lbs of pressure required to close the unit. The Advanced Kegelmaster has 64 levels of resistance with a maximum of 9.5lbs of pressure required to close the unit.
What materials and chemicals are in the Kegelmaster? Does the Kegelmaster contain any toxic materials?
The Genuine Kegelmaster contains no known harmful, toxic or carcinogenic materials.
The Genuine Kegelmaster has been produced in the United States for nearly 20 years using only FDA approved materials in an FDA approved manufacturing facility. Kegelmaster, Inc. has had no reports or complaints of adverse or allergic reactions to the materials used in the Kegelmaster.
The medical grade ABS (acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene) plastic core is non-toxic and hypoallergenic and does not contain phthalates, latex, BPA, DEHP or ANY known carcinogens or harmful chemicals.
Materials and Chemicals
- Medical grade Non-toxic hypoallergenic ABS (acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene) core
- Phthalates free
- Latex free
- Contains NO BPA (Bisphenol A)
- Contains NO DEHP(di-ethylhexyl phthalate)
- Standard springs are stainless steel
- Advanced springs are stainless steel with zinc electroplating
How does the Kegelmaster Work?
The Kegelmaster applies targeted resistance against the muscles of the female pelvic floor.
The Kegelmaster is inserted into the vaginal opening about 3 to 4 inches but not beyond the flange.
The adjustment knob can be loosened to open the unit as much as is comfortable.
Using only the muscles of the pelvic floor, the muscles that encircle the vaginal opening a woman squeezes the unit closed and counts for 3 seconds then releases.
What is the difference between the Standard Kegelmaster and the Advanced Kegelmaster?
Both the original genuine Kegelmaster and the Advanced Kegelmaster come with the same Kegelmaster base core unit, four medical grade stainless steel springs, instructional DVD, booklet, urinary diary log, silken carrying case.
The four standard medical grade stainless steel springs will provide 15 distinct levels of resistance and a total maximum resistance of 4.5lbs of compression resistance. Where the Advanced Kegelmaster distinguishes itself is with the addition of 4 zinc-plated hardened springs. With the addition of these springs the Kegelmaster will now provide 64 distinct levels of intermediate resistance and up to a maximum of 9.5lbs total resistance.
The standard Kegelmaster provides sufficient resistance to restore the strength to the pelvic floor muscle and indeed many women never see the need to graduate to the Advanced Kegelmaster. However, there are two main advantages to starting out with the Advanced Kegelmaster:
- The additional springs provide for more intermediate levels of distinct resistance and can allow for faster progression to the higher settings.
- The maximum settings provide for additional strength and control many women find that the additional levels of resistance keep the exercises challenging and enjoyable and with the higher resistance levels there comes greater benefits.
How Effective are Kegel Exercises in Treating Incontinence?
When performed correctly Kegel exercises with progressive resistance are extremely effective at managing incontinence and providing relief and prevention for other pelvic floor disorders including pelvic pain, bladder prolapse (cystocele), uterine prolapse or bowel prolapse (rectocele).
Important Medical Restrictions pertaining to the Kegelmaster
When is it unsafe for a woman to use the Kegelmaster?
If you have any doubts or concerns you should discuss your specific medical situation with your doctor, gynecologist or other medical professional who is familiar with and qualified to make medical recommendations for your specific medical situation.
- Women in their first trimester of pregnancy and new moms that are less than six weeks postpartum should not use the kegelmaster.
- The device is designed to be safe for pregnant women in their second and third trimester of pregnancy, but always consult your physician prior to starting use.
- Women who have had any genitourinary or pelvic surgery should also wait at least six weeks and consult with their physician before beginning use.
- Women using inter-vaginal devices, such as a pessary or a diaphragm should not use the Kegelmaster.
- The Kegelmaster is safe to use on your period but you should not use tampons while you are doing your kegelmaster exercises.
- It is safe to use the Kegelmaster if you use an I.U.D. Some light spotting is common when first using this device, especially in menopausal and post-menopausal women.
How will I know The Kegelmaster is working?
You will know the Kegelmaster is working nearly immediately. When you are able to close the Kegelmaster using your vaginal muscles you will see the device close and feel your pelvic floor and pubococcygeus muscles working against the resistance of the unit.
Typically after a half dozen workout sessions, but as early as the first workout session sexual intercourse can begin to feel more pleasurable and stimulating. You may experience a feeling that your partner's penis is larger or has a more firm erection and your partner may experience a feeling of an increased vaginal pressure. You may experience a more intense orgasm and find that it easier for you to achieve orgasm.
You should begin to experience greater control over your bladder and urinary system. You may begin experiencing relief from stress incontinence or leaks.
If you suffer from pelvic organ prolapse you should consult with your doctor or gynecologist prior to starting an exercise regimen as other treatment may be necessary prior to starting any exercise program.
Why should all healthy women do Kegel Exercises?
- The Kegel Exercise is the only known, proven non-surgical and non-pharmaceutical solution to nearly all forms of Female Urinary Incontinence.
- The collapse or failure of the Pelvic Floor is directly responsible for many common female reproductive health complications like incontinence, constipation, pelvic organ prolapse and sexual dysfunction. All of these problems can be prevented with proper Kegel exercises.
- Proper Kegel exercises can increase the intensity of the female orgasm as well as improve sexual pleasure for both intercourse partners.
- Kegel exercises are often prescribed in preparation for vaginal child birthing and can prevent pelvic floor damage during vaginal child birth delivery as well as make child birthing easier and less painful.